The Undecim Rating System (Undecim) is an eleven point rating system that goes from -5 to 5. It was created because I have always felt that traditional rating systems have not accurately conveyed what is good, and what isn’t at a glance. At its simplest, things with a rating of 0 are of “average” quality, anything above that is the degree of recommendation, and anything below is the degree or warning against it.
The scale itself does have a finer level of detail, so I’ll go into that now:
-5. Avoid at all costs, it will make you die inside.
-4. Normal people should avoid, but its ok for the already mentally damaged.
-3. Don’t waste your time on it, and don’t tell me about it, I don’t want to hear it.
-2. Subpar, but some people might like it
-1. Recommended pass, but many people will still like it
0. Average for medium
1. Slight recommendation, but many people may not like it
2. Above average, most people should like it
3. Pretty good / cult classic
4. Really good, representative of excellence in the medium
5. Basically, 4 with lasting appeal. Avoid at your own peril